Sunday, November 27, 2016

I RAN OUT INTO THE STREET DANCING

I ran out into the street dancing, doing spins and leaps and twists and the pianos rang out all around me and I danced out into traffic and pirouetted all through it and over the top of cars and onto rooftops and back down onto the street and a I patted dogs and scruffed little kids on the top of their heads and kissed girls and sipped strangers drinks and kept dancing all through the neighborhood until I got to the river, and then I danced right out on top of the water, the balls of my feet balancing on the tiny ripples and riding the current and I leaned back and pulled an eel out the water and kissed it and tenderly let it slide back underwater, swooning and wiggling it's way back to the little pocket of underwater it called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment